Brand Name: Fosamax
Alendronate the generic for Fosamax is in a group of medications called bisphosphonates, and they decrease the activity of cells which break down bone. Fosamax is used to prevent or treat postmenopausal osteoporosis and steroid-induced osteoporosis. Alendronate may also be used to treat Pagets disease of bone.
It works by modifying the cycle of bone formation and breakdown in the body. Fosamax reduces bone loss while increasing overall bone mass, preventing bone fractures in many who take Alendronate on a regular basis.
|GENERIC Products||Your Price|
Buy Alendronate at discount pricing from Global Pharmacy Plus online and save over the name brand Fosamax. The generic drug for Fosamax is Alendronate. Generic medications have the same chemical make up as the name brand, although it is manufactured by other pharmaceutical companies that specialize in generic medication.
Uses of Fosamax
The primary use is to treat people at risk or diagnosed with osteoporosis. It may also be used to treat Pagets disease of the bone.
HOW TO USE:
- Take this medication by mouth once a day, after getting up for the day and before taking your first food, beverage or other medication
- Take it with a full glass (6-8 ounces) of plain water
- Do not chew or suck on the tablet, tablet should be swallowed whole
- Then stay fully upright (sitting, standing or walking) for at least 30 minutes and do not lie down until after your first food of the day. Wait at least 30 minutes (preferably 1 to 2 hours) after taking the medication before you eat or drink anything other than plain water.
- All medications should be taken as prescribed by your doctor
Buy Alendronate in pill form sold in 10mg to 70mg strength in quantities of 12 or 100 Pills.
Side effects of Amlodipine
If you experience any of the following that are persistent or worsen please call your doctor immediately to make sure it is safe to continue taking Fosamax:
- stomach pain
The following are unlikely side effects that may occur, if they do you should speak to your doctor immediately to see if it is still safe to take Alendronate.
- jaw pain
- increase in muscle or bone pain
- dizziness, spinning sensation
- swelling of feet/ankles/hands/joints
- black stools or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
The list above are the known side effects from taking Alendronate or Fosamax, call your doctor if you are experiencing any other unusual problems.
|Med Type Generic||1|